Tuesday, May 27, 2014

I Heart Huckabees

I watched the 2004 film I Heart Huckabees last week for @etymancer, who pledged in my studio's Kickstarter to raise money for a series of art books!  THANK YOU, @etymancer!!  :D

Read on for some spoiler-filled reaction comics!
 
There were sooooo many excellent acting moments in this movie.  Mark Wahlberg took the cake, though.  Just remembering sad Marky Mark sitting on a rock with a rubber ball makes me burst out laughing.

Ohhh, and Jude Law!!!  So great.  He can make even this asshole character sympathetic.  But I wish the film would have spent some time on why Brad was so obsessed with being cruel to Albert...
If you're going to make your audience that uncomfortable over a scene that long, it had better pay off later.  This just did not. :-/ You know that maddening frustration when you're listening to a podcast, and people keep starting off on interesting tangents and being interrupted before they can get to their points...?
And yeah, that's not the case for everyone.  The first friend I asked about the movie after finishing it said it was one he really liked.  Just wasn't my cup of tea, I guess.
I'M SORRY

2 comments:

  1. So good! I think exactly the same as you about fiction. Somes movies seem to just fill scenes with random dialogue, pretending to be profound.

    ReplyDelete