Friday, May 23, 2014

8 Femmes

I watched the 2002 French film 8 Femmes (8 Women) yesterday for Tom Zimmerman, who pledged in my studio's Kickstarter to raise money for a series of art books!  THANK YOU, Tom!!

Read on for some spoiler-filled reaction comics!
SO FUN.  Why do I watch anything besides musicals, anyway?
Shady as hell!
Catherine Deneuve is an amaaaaazing actress.  Gosh, they all are.  It was a treat to watch an entire movie with this all-women cast.  And it looked like SO much fun for the actresses. :)
Not necessarily well-known, but yes, the soundtrack is made up of existing songs:
  1. "Papa t'es plus dans le coup" (Dad, You're Out of Touch)
  2. "Message personnel" (Personal Message)
  3. "A quoi sert de vivre libre" (What's the Point of Living Free?)
  4. "Mon Amour, Mon Ami" (My Lover, My Friend)
  5. "Pour ne pas vivre seul" (So as Not to Live Alone)
  6. "Pile ou Face" (Heads or Tails/Ups and Downs)
  7. "Toi Jamais" (Never You)
  8. "Il n'y a pas d'amour heureux" (There is No Happy Love)
And how fun that every character had her own musical number?!  I loved that!
Because DAYYYYMN Emmanuelle Béart...!
So ridiculous and fun.  MELODRAMA! 
The ending....was pretty dark and didn't do it so much for me, but I don't know how else I would have ended this movie.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks really cool! :)
    I love 8 femmes so much *-*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Et moi je vis ma vie à pile ou face!!! D'ailleurs la chanson original est beaucoup moins bonne, merci Manue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OUI. J'ai aimé cette interprétation, donc je regardais l'original et .... hmm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l70OKXjg98

      Delete