Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

I saw The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (in 2D, non-iMAX, and I-can't-remember-how-many-fps)!  Read on for SPOILER-filled reaction comics~

I started twitching in my seat after 2 hours, but the movie held my attention throughout.  I enjoyed revisiting the rich world of The Hobbit, and appreciated the time lavished on the sets and creatures.  The designs were incredible!  The diversity amongst the dwarves' designs, the shots of The Shire and Rivendell, the gobelins and orcs and trolls and stone giants...amazing!
 
Okay, I had one big issue and it was with the horrific staging during the chase scene where Radagast leads the Wargs/Orcs away from Team Gandalf.  What the hell was going on in that scene?  Back and forth and back and forth, it felt like Team Gandalf was stuck behind the same rock the whole time, even though it was suggested that they were moving.
*Gollum (thanks, Ann)

1 comment:

  1. Those eagles are B.A. they should be like "uhh your welcome, We are America..pshhh" :P

    I thought the beginning was quite slow, and oddly this is the only LOTR book I actually read. But It definitely heated up and became a solid movie where I can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete