Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises

Review comics for The Dark Knight Rises! As always, SPOILERS.

I had the Holy Musical B@man soundtrack stuck in my head ALL DAY Thursday before watching the movie.  It was hilarious how many of the jokes and themes from the play made appearances in the movie.  Most relevant:


Anyway, on to the comics!

It reminded me of Goldmember's ridiculous flexibility.  Was that really Anne kicking that high, or was there a prop leg?! xD
There was a 2-ish-minute stretch while Batman was chasing down Talia al Ghul where I completely spaced out and couldn't tell you what I'd just seen.  Bleh.  A bit is good but more than 30 seconds of people punching each other or shooting or whatever without breaks and my brain shuts off.
I didn't actually cry, but a lot of people in my theater did. I didn't believe for a second that he was really dead (I called 'everyone thinks he's dead but he's really alive and training the next generation like in The Dark Knight Returns' while my brothers and I were placing bets in line), but it was still a moving scene.
I looooved the movie.  From the complaints I've heard from friends, it sounds like the main difference between us is that I WANT neat, happy endings.  That's exactly what I like (Dickens fan!).  The darker and more pessimistic the story, the more satisfying it is when I actually get a happy ending.  And this was the neatest, happiest possible ending for the DARK GRITTY trilogy, so I was extremely satisfied.

Last, here are my notes from the premiere if you are interested.  A lot of these got cut or altered on their way to the comics:




No comments:

Post a Comment